Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Access database with mulitple users experiencing slow performance

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Jul 6, 2014 3:58 PM Last Post By: Mark Anderson
Mark Anderson

Access database with mulitple users experiencing slow performance  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jul 5, 2014 9:42 AM
Greetings

I have an application written in Delphi XE4 using FireDac 8.0.5. It is connected to a MS Access database. I had two users accessing the database marking check boxes. One started at the beginning of the database, and the other started at the end. They reported that performance was so bad that it became non-responsive.

I am using FireDac TADtable components.with optimistic locking with the lockpoint set to "deferred".

Any assistance with tuning/performance enhancement would be greatly appreciated. The database in question has around 59k records in it. The largest a table will be will be around 250K records. The tables are indexed. The tables are in Access 2010 format created in Access 2013.

Response to paging and/or lookups in the table without the multiple edits taking place is excellent.

Thanks in advance

Mark Anderson
Jeff Overcash (...

Re: Access database with mulitple users experiencing slow performance  
  Posted: Jul 5, 2014 10:44 AM   in response to: Mark Anderson in response to: Mark Anderson
Mark Anderson wrote:
Greetings

I have an application written in Delphi XE4 using FireDac 8.0.5. It is connected to a MS Access database. I had two users accessing the database marking check boxes. One started at the beginning of the database, and the other started at the end. They reported that performance was so bad that it became non-responsive.

I am using FireDac TADtable components.with optimistic locking with the lockpoint set to "deferred".

Any assistance with tuning/performance enhancement would be greatly appreciated. The database in question has around 59k records in it. The largest a table will be will be around 250K records. The tables are indexed. The tables are in Access 2010 format created in Access 2013.

Response to paging and/or lookups in the table without the multiple edits taking place is excellent.

Thanks in advance

Mark Anderson

you should ask this in the FireDAC group where the lead designer often answers
questions. It has nothing to do with FireMonkey.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
(Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You)
And so I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolor
I must fear evil. For I am but mortal and mortals can only die.
Asking questions, pleading answers from the nameless
faceless watchers that stalk the carpeted corridors of Whitehall.
(Fish)
Mark Anderson

Re: Access database with mulitple users experiencing slow performance  
  Posted: Jul 6, 2014 3:58 PM   in response to: Mark Anderson in response to: Mark Anderson
Re-posted to FireDac thread.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02