Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: XE6 Update 1 and Firedac

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Jun 21, 2014 10:27 PM Last Post By: Lance Rasmussen
Lance Rasmussen

XE6 Update 1 and Firedac  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 21, 2014 2:00 AM
Had XE6 prior to update 1, uninstalled (keeping registry) and then installed Update 1. For some reason, something triggered the protection scheme and I couldn't run projects.

I uninstalled the IDE removing the settings. For safety, I removed the Embarcadero folders in documents and program files.

Installed XE6 Update 1

On launch of the IDE for the first time, I got an error "Cant load package C:\Program Files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\14.0\bin\dcldatasnapfiredac200.bpl. Invalid access to memory location".

This has cascaded to all the firedac components. While I would consider a possible conflict with other installed components, I never had an issue prior to update 1 and this is from a re-install from scratch - So there was no other 3rd party components installed yet.
Lance Rasmussen

Re: XE6 Update 1 and Firedac  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 21, 2014 10:27 PM   in response to: Lance Rasmussen in response to: Lance Rasmussen
On the Google+ community, I got a suggestion to do a repair. After running through the repair, I was able to get FireDac up and running.

Lance Rasmussen wrote:
Had XE6 prior to update 1, uninstalled (keeping registry) and then installed Update 1. For some reason, something triggered the protection scheme and I couldn't run projects.

I uninstalled the IDE removing the settings. For safety, I removed the Embarcadero folders in documents and program files.

Installed XE6 Update 1

On launch of the IDE for the first time, I got an error "Cant load package C:\Program Files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\14.0\bin\dcldatasnapfiredac200.bpl. Invalid access to memory location".

This has cascaded to all the firedac components. While I would consider a possible conflict with other installed components, I never had an issue prior to update 1 and this is from a re-install from scratch - So there was no other 3rd party components installed yet.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02