Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: XE6 on Mac/VMWare - [dcc32 Fatal Error] F2039 Could not create output file

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Aug 31, 2014 7:48 PM Last Post By: Jon Nevins
Jon Nevins

XE6 on Mac/VMWare - [dcc32 Fatal Error] F2039 Could not create output file  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 19, 2014 9:31 PM
Running XE6 on a Mac with VMWare Fusion in Debug mode Win32. Runs fine until a break. Then I get the error
[dcc32 Fatal Error] F2039 Could not create output file '.\Win32\Debug\AdsTest.exe'
No problem on 30 previous compiles. the DCU's get created fine. I switched to Release and things compile. I tried removing the contents of the Win32 folder and the compile worked but the exe would not execute. The folder in on the Mac of course and Get Info shows I ,jon, have read & write permission. I have no idea!!!
Jon Nevins

Re: XE6 on Mac/VMWare - [dcc32 Fatal Error] F2039 Could not create output file  
  Posted: Jun 20, 2014 12:16 PM   in response to: Jon Nevins in response to: Jon Nevins
Jon Nevins wrote:
Running XE6 on a Mac with VMWare Fusion in Debug mode Win32. Runs fine until a break. Then I get the error
[dcc32 Fatal Error] F2039 Could not create output file '.\Win32\Debug\AdsTest.exe'
No problem on 30 previous compiles. the DCU's get created fine. I switched to Release and things compile. I tried removing the contents of the Win32 folder and the compile worked but the exe would not execute. The folder in on the Mac of course and Get Info shows I ,jon, have read & write permission. I have no idea!!!

This issue has been around a long time. The case seems to have been closed but driving many of us NUTS!! See:

http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=103862
Jon Nevins

Re: XE6 on Mac/VMWare - [dcc32 Fatal Error] F2039 Could not create output file  
  Posted: Aug 31, 2014 7:48 PM   in response to: Jon Nevins in response to: Jon Nevins
Exe was running
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02