Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Installing BDE onto XE5 Environment

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Jun 2, 2014 12:42 AM Last Post By: Andy Vines
Robert Kondner

Installing BDE onto XE5 Environment  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 21, 2014 11:07 AM
Hi,

I have a development machine with XE5 (Update 2 Hotfix x) which does not have the BDE installed. (Figured I would never need it again?)

So I now have an old app I need to rework and I need the BDE and tools installed. I do not want to break a big pile of existing 3rd party tools I have installed.

Can anyone suggest the best way to get the BDE installed without breaking 3rd party installs?

Thanks,
Bob K.
Jeff Overcash (...

Re: Installing BDE onto XE5 Environment  
  Posted: May 21, 2014 12:58 PM   in response to: Robert Kondner in response to: Robert Kondner
Robert Kondner wrote:
Hi,

I have a development machine with XE5 (Update 2 Hotfix x) which does not have the BDE installed. (Figured I would never need it again?)

So I now have an old app I need to rework and I need the BDE and tools installed. I do not want to break a big pile of existing 3rd party tools I have installed.

Can anyone suggest the best way to get the BDE installed without breaking 3rd party installs?

Thanks,
Bob K.

You should be able to do a modify on the install and select the BDE (by default
the BDE is still installed so you must have not selected it on the original
install).

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
(Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You)
And so I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolor
I must fear evil. For I am but mortal and mortals can only die.
Asking questions, pleading answers from the nameless
faceless watchers that stalk the carpeted corridors of Whitehall.
(Fish)
Andy Vines

Re: Installing BDE onto XE5 Environment  
  Posted: Jun 2, 2014 12:42 AM   in response to: Robert Kondner in response to: Robert Kondner
Robert Kondner wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,
Bob K.

If you right click on the Modify, Repair, Uninstall Icon in the start menu and then go to file location this takes you to the installation files where you can run a manual install of just the BDE.

Below is what my location looks like, and then just run BDE_ENT

C:\ProgramData{E1CF0FD5-A11C-46F1-BD4B-31AF80BAE26F}\borland database engine professional english\mFileBagIDE.dll\bag
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02